Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

First canvas

I had my first go at working on a canvas last week, and am pretty happy with the result for a first time out.

Dianne held a class, and we worked on creating the background with alcohol inks, stamping, creating textures, and embossing metal. It was a great hands on, fingers dirty session, and I loved every minute. The great thing was that everyone had such a different result!



Here is my version with some photographs I took myself a few years back now, but they seemed to fit the theme, after I grunged them up a bit.

Here is a link to Dianne's blog: http://artofcraft.co.nz/blog/

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your canvas is gorgeous Lynne! So many details but they all go perfectly together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shell and Christie. Appreciate the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received a blog award and want to pass it on to you :)

    ReplyDelete